Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning can provide you with high-quality heat pump installations that are customized to your exact needs for year-round thermal comfort!
Our skilled HVAC technician team has over 55 years of combined experience and is adequately equipped with the technological background, practical expertise, and professional qualifications to exceed your expectations as a homeowner, regardless of the job’s complexity or scope. We’ve collaborated with a large number of Stoney Creek and surrounding community homeowners over the years, and we have an established track record of achievement and client fulfillment, so you can be confident that your household is in good hands with our team.
We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and there are no extra charges for work performed after hours, on weekends, or on holidays! Do you need to cool or heat your home? There’s no reason to be concerned; our skilled technicians can install your new heat pump system the same or the day after that! Aside from that, if you would like to save finances on your new heat pump equipment, contact us and ask about our great financing options and existing discounts that are available to you!
Do you want to invest in making your household more pleasurable to live in for you and your family throughout the year? To speak with a member of our team, kindly contact or use our online booking system. We look forward to working with you to enhance your interior comfort in Stoney Creek, Ontario!
What is a heat pump?
A heat pump is a common type of HVAC system found in residences. In contrast to conventional HVAC systems, a heat pump has the ability to both warm and cool a home’s interior. Throughout the winter, a heat pump will retrieve and transfer heat energy from the surrounding environment and pump it into your home. A heat pump, on the other hand, collects heat from the inside of your household and transfers it outdoors during the warmer months.
Your home’s heat pump, like all HVAC equipment, is composed of several independent parts that work with each other to effectively heat and cool your household to your individual tastes. As a result, let’s take a deeper look at a few of the major elements found in your interior and exterior heat pump compartments:
· Compressor: The compressor is used for circulating refrigerant throughout the system.
· Evaporator Coil: The evaporator coil absorbs warmth from the outside air or ground and transfers it to the refrigerant.
· Condenser Coil: The condenser coil releases the absorbed heat into the building through a fan and a heat exchanger.
· Expansion Valve: The expansion valve regulates the flow of refrigerant into the evaporator coil.
· Reversing Valve: The reversing valve allows the heat pump to switch between heating and cooling modes.
· Accumulator: The accumulator stores excess refrigerant, which helps to prevent refrigerant loss and improve system efficiency.
· Thermostat: The thermostat controls the temperature in the building by turning the heat pump on and off and regulating the flow of refrigerant.
Are heat pumps worth it?
If you’re thinking of installing a new HVAC unit in your home, you may be contemplating whether a heat pump will be beneficial to you and your family. Luckily, you’ll be happy to know that heat pumps are a fantastic addition to any home that can offer numerous benefits to you and your family throughout their service life. As such, the team at Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning has put together a list of advantages that can help you better determine whether installing a heat pump in your home will be worth it:
· Heat pumps use far less energy than other fuel-powered HVAC systems.
· They can help you reduce your month-to-month electricity costs.
· Heat pumps can cool and heat your home, making them a fantastic solution for optimal comfort throughout the entire year.
· They are known to be more environmentally friendly as they do not burn any fossil fuels that contribute to your carbon footprint.
· Heat pumps have a life expectancy of 15-20 years on average.
· Heat pumps offer greater consistent temperatures and greater comfort.
As you can see, a heat pump is a fantastic, modern solution to heating and cooling your home throughout the year. Therefore, if you would like to learn more about heat pumps and whether this type of equipment would work for your needs, we suggest booking a consultation appointment with the team at Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning team as soon as possible.
We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and there are no additional fees for work done after hours, on weekends, or on holidays! Aside from that, if you want to save money on your new heat pump equipment, notify us and inquire about our wonderful financing options and current discounted rates!
All consultation appointments come with a complimentary service quote! Book your appointment with Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning in Stoney Creek, Ontario, today!
How hard is it to install a heat pump?
Heat pump equipment is very hard to install. You cannot install a heat pump on your own. Heat pumps are highly complicated pieces of equipment, and if you don’t have significant experience, accreditations, or understanding of how they work, you could injure yourself or cause damage to your property. As a result, if you’re thinking about installing a new heat pump on your property, we recommend partnering with a professional HVAC company, like Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning, to ensure that the installation is done correctly and safely. This will not only give you peace of mind, but it will also end up saving you money in the long run by avoiding injuries and damage to property.
Here is a step-by-step process of what you can expect to occur on the day of your installation appointment with the team at Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning:
1. A site evaluation will be conducted during your consultation appointment to determine where the best place to install your new heat pump.
2. A technician will calculate what size heat pump you require for your home and needs.
3. On the day of your appointment, our technician team will prepare your property by installing tubing and setting up a refrigerant line.
4. They will then set up the outdoor unit by installing it on a concrete block.
5. Once the outdoor unit is installed, they will then move to the inside of your home and install your indoor unit.
6. Our team will then connect your refrigerant lines between your interior and exterior heat pump units.
7. Next, our team will connect all electrical components to both units.
8. Lastly, a series of operational and safety tests will be conducted to ensure your heat pump system is functioning correctly and safely before cleaning up our work area and leaving you to enjoy your newly heated or cooled home!
As you can see, there are numerous tasks that need to be completed before a heat pump can function correctly and optimally in a home. Therefore, partnering with an HVAC company in your area that you can trust is key to ensuring that you are able to experience the benefits of your new heat pump equipment for as long as possible.
Are you considering a new heat pump for your home? If the answer is yes, please do not hesitate to reach out to the team at Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning in Stoney Creek, Ontario, for assistance!
We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and there are no extra charges for jobs completed after hours, on weekends, or on holidays! Aside from that, if you would like to save money on your new heat pump equipment, contact us and ask about our financing options and existing discounts!
All consultation appointments include a free service quote! Call Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning in Stoney Creek, Ontario, today to schedule an appointment!
How big should a heat pump be for a 3000 sq ft house?
Believe it or not, there are numerous factors that must be considered before our HVAC technicians are able to fit a new heat pump into your home. Some of these factors include:
· The age of your home
· The quality of your insulation
· The layout of your floorplan
· Your personal heating and cooling preferences
· Your budget
· And more!
Therefore, because installing a new heat pump is not a one size fits all solution, homeowners will need to book a consultation appointment with one of our certified HVAC technicians in order to receive a more precise and tailored response to this question. During your consultation appointment, a technician will come to your property to review the unique characteristics of your home before providing you with a list of suggestions that will reflect your personal needs.
As such, if you are ready to move forward with installing a new heat pump in your home, please do not hesitate to reach out to the team at Boonstra Heating and Air Conditioning to schedule a consultation appointment with our team! We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including after-hours, weekends, and holidays at no extra charge!
Call and speak to one of us directly or use our online booking system to reserve your time slot with our team! All consultation appointments come with a complimentary service quote! We look forward to helping you enhance the interior comfort of your property in Stoney Creek, Ontario!
We stand behind our work and our people. For up to 2 years from the day we install a new heating or cooling unit, we will repair, replace, or refund anything necessary until you are 100% satisfied. That’s our guarantee to you.